Monday 4 February 2013

Wash day: Reboot

I hadn't done a Cassia since before Christmas - so I knew I was due for one. If not out of necessity, at least to use up the bag I've got!

Bentonite on the right, Cassia on the left

I was feeling really sluggish about doing it, because I needed to do a bentonite as well, but I didn't want to have another Wash day where I end up doing it all at once: bentonite, cassia, tea rinse, condition etc etc...

And then I remembered that last year, I totally used to mix the two together! Yay, minimising a step!

I wanted a smoother, runnier mix, so I only used about 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay and the same the same for the Cassia too and then added water slowly, allowing the clays to absorb the water, so it wouldn't thicken on me suddenly.


1)Pre-pooed with coconut oil an hour prior instead of overnight, and finger-detangled.
2) Added mixed clays to hair and left it on for 30 - 45  minutes .
3) Rinsed with warm water until it ran clear, and focused the shower head on my scalp. I always miss a spot! 4) Did a black tea rinse, making sure to saturate hair and scalp
5) Wrung hair out gently and applied the Shea butter and avocado conditioner, mixed with a little Felix Capillus (ran out of Olive Oil). Put on a baggy and left it on for another 30 minutes and then rinsed out, whilst finger detangling.
6) Rinsed with Apple Cider Vinegar. (Forgot to lean back instead of forward. My eyes regretted it immediately.)
6) Applied Rose Aloe Leave in, and sealed with hempseed oil and shea butter.

I don't know what's happened to my washing my hair in sections. When I use the clays, I just don't any more...
I was going to go without a leave in at first ,but after ten minutes, I realised that my hair was not about that life and put some in. I'm slowly using up the hempseed oil. Although using that and the Brazil Nut Oil made me appreciate the effect of using something slightly heavier on my ends, I don't think I'll be repurchasing them as staples. I might grab some Brazil Nut Oil every now and then, because I adore the smell...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! It will make my day :)